The Grappler Elite League is a new tournament series aimed at bringing together the best middle school wrestlers in the state to crown a true state champion. Three qualifying tournaments will be held over an eight-week period with the top-six placers from each event advancing to the League Finals on February 11th.
The goal of the league is simple - to create high-level in-state competition for our state's top middle school wrestlers. To be eligible for the league, wrestlers must either have placed in any of the state organizations last year (MYWA, MMWA, NEMWA, or MUSAW), or petition in demonstrating a competitive track record. This is not a developmental league.
Grappler Elite League kicks off on Sunday, December 10th at Dundee High School, following the Grappler Gold Invitational, also at Dundee on December 9th. Registration will open on November 1st, so check back for more updates!
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grappler Elite League Information
- 6th through 8th Graders (5th-Graders may petition in)
- Sunday, December 10th @ Dundee HS
- Sunday, January 7th @ Detroit Catholic Central HS
- Sunday, Februrary 4th
* To qualify for the League Finals, wrestlers must place Top-6 at one of the three qualifiers. No exceptions.
- Sunday, February 11th
- 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 120, 130, 145, 160, 175, 195, 285
- Must be returning state placewinner in any of the state organizations
- Option to petition in if you did not satisfy placement criteria. Petition will be available at a later date.
- All athletes must have USAW Membership. Limited Folkstyle is an option.
- Coaches must have USAW Coaches Leadership Certification
- Full, double-elimination brackets placing to 6th
- Round-robin in the case of six wrestlers or less
- 1:30-1:30-1:30 period length
- Adapted NFHS rules, to include college out-of-bounds
- On-site weigh-ins will be held Saturday evening and Sunday morning prior to each event
- Registration for Grappler Elite League #1 @ Dundee will open November 1st on MichiganGrappler.com